Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Retreat

So I just got back from this youth retreat with my church. We went up to Redberry Bible Camp Friday night, and came back late this afternoon. And let me tell you, it was a total blast! It was cold, but it was worth it! I haven't had that much fun in a couple weeks. It was so refreshing to be around people who all cared about you and what was going on in your life. We were tight, all 20-some of us. It felt so good to be somewhere where everyone was looking out for you. It was an amazing time to be worshipping God and just having a party doing it. And, of course, games in the snow...the girls kicked the boys' butts!!! Full contact duck duck goose, murder ball, giant settlers of catan, movie making, watching movies, laughing and singing...I wish I could go back and do the whole weekend over and over. I have not had that good of a time for a while.
And the thing is, I actually am feeling somewhat better about all the stuff that's going on in my life right now. I know that just because I had an amazing weekend not all the crap is gone...but at the moment, it feels a bit better. And on top of that, I know that it will get better. Everything always gets better. And when you have God driving your car of life, and an awesome support system driving in the lanes beside you, you know that life can't get any better, even though you still have problems. Because it doesn't matter anymore. Because God and your friends are there, and they won't ever leave you. God has promised that, and I know that my friends won't leave me. I trust them.

THANK YOU GOD FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE SHOWN ME THIS PAST WEEKEND. PLEASE DON'T LET ME FORGET ANY OF IT. HELP ME FIX MY HEART, IT IS YOUR THRONE. LET ME BE YOUR LIGHT IN THIS DARK WORLD. USE ME. I AM YOUR SERVANT, AND MY MOUTH IS YOURS. YOU CONTINUE TO AMAZE ME IN EVERYTHING I SEE IN NATURE AND IN OTHER PEOPLE. LET OTHER PEOPLE SEE ME AS A CHRISTIAN ROLE MODEL. BECAUSE I AM YOUR CHILD. HOLD ME CLOSE, AND NEVER LET ME STRAY. FATHER, I LOVE YOU!

No comments: