Monday, September 17, 2007

Keep Going




well i know you have all seen this little clip before. and i'm sorry if because it's playing over and over you get really distracted...
you know what i love about that little penguin? he gets up and goes again. even though the other guy is just pushing him down and pushing him down, he keeps going. he's a trooper.
and it's just like life. even when it takes you down, you gotta get right back up and back into the swing of things.
it's like falling off your horse. if you don't get right back on, you might never get back on.
don't be afraid of life.

and just today, i feel as if i have learned so much, realized so much, had my eyes opened.

Aaron Shust - My Savior My God

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior

I take Him at His word and deed
Christ died to save me; this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be

Yes, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring;

That He who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior

.

so that's the jist of that song...bolded parts are meaning something to me right now.

.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


3 comments:

Derek said...

that penguin thing is annonying, but i had never seen it before. the penguin is somewhere between being a trooper, and being stupid, caues the dude is gunna get smacked. lots. every. single. time.

enji said...

o, derek, you are hilarious! i seriously was laughing for like a minute straight after i read that comment!

Rick and Sandy said...

Yes, I agree; very powerful words to a very old hymn.

Derek's Auntie Sandy